Thursday, March 19, 2009

Immerse Yourself in Good Food

I'm not much of a gadget person, I don't really own that many electronics mostly because I really don't have much of a use or general desire for them. My cell phone and iPod are really the only ones I consider a necessity, and my laptop is just a huge convenience :D. I may have to get a little more interested in gadgets though... because there are so many out there for cooking!

So I'm sitting on my bed, pajamas on, surfing the internet and just hanging out, when Taylor sent me a woot link. When I opened it up my mouth dropped and my heart starting beating at an alarming rate. Me: "OOOOOOOOH, I don't know if I should get! It'ssoprettyIshouldn'tspendmoneybuti'vewantedoneit'sawesomeiloveshouldigetitohno...." Taylor: "It's usually twice that price. You should get." Me: "shouldigetitidon'tknowshouldn'tspendmoneyit'ssocoollookatit!" Taylor: "It's not that much, just get it, it's worth it." This went on for a while, but I did end up getting it. It being an immerision blender.

I'd seen an immersion blender before, on the Food Network or some kind of show like that. In case you don't know what they are, mine looks like this...


Photobucket


The concept is that you you can blend things without putting them in either a blender or food processor. BRILLIANT! The only thing I've seen them used for, and really the only thing I can think of using them for, is soups. So naturally I immediately went in search of a soup recipe, and came up with... um... actually i don't even remember what's it was called. I have to admit I made this soup almost 4 weeks ago. I've been too busy and/or lazy to actually get my latest creations up on my blog page, so this one has been waiting patiently for it's "debut." I guess I made it wait a little too long. I think it was leek and asparagus soup. It had a few other ingredients, but those two were the focus, and honestly it wasn't even really that great, the best part was using my incredibly awesome new hand held blender!!!

Just to give you an idea of the wonder of this thing, I took a before picture...


Leek & Asparagus Soup




and an after!


Leek & Asparagus Soup




Isn't the blendedness beautiful? And I didn't even have to put together or clean up a food processor. Oh yes. The best part is that not only does it have these amazing blending powers... but it also came with a bunch of other attachments, most of which I haven't had time to explore yet. Taylor and I did test out the whipping attachment, which made a lovely meringue, but I definitely have a lot to learn.


Leek & Asparagus Soup

1 comment:

  1. hmm not sure about the soup. It looks like guacamole which I am not so much of a fan of. The meringue on the other hand..YUM!

    ReplyDelete