Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Breakfast That's Over Easy

I'm a HUGE breakfast fan, probably my favorite meal to make. Unless you count dessert as a meal, then it's my second favorite! So I was surfing Smitten Kitchen, pretty much my favorite recipe resource and came across some delicious looking recipes. Of course my list of things to try was immediately a mile long and I was looking for something I might actually have the ingredients for already. Now had anyone simply suggested to me poaching eggs in tomato sauce I would have thought the combination pretty unappetizing, but the picture on Smitten Kitchen left me dying to try it out. The toast with homemade sauce piled on and a neat little egg nestled on top, not to mention sauteed spinach on the side! I was sold.

Hope Amos, whom I absolutely adore, came over for breakfast this particular morning. Yes, someone was brave enough to try my latest experiment!!! I even convinced my parents to have a go at a plate of the tomato goodness! Here they are at the kitchen table, enjoying breakfast, or at least doing a good job of faking it for me.


Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce


I'm a fan of poached eggs. I think they're clean, simple, and consequently pretty tasty. So I enjoyed this breakfast, it made me feel like I was starting my morning in Italy or something and it was very filling without feeling heavy. I wouldn't make it everyday, or even every week probably, but as an occasional option I'd say it was a wonderful breakfast. My mom was fairly indifferent, as always, and my father's only input was that though it was pretty tasty he felt the sauce overpowered the eggs. Kinda true. Hope was as happy as she always is and I probably could have fed her just about anything and she still would've sat there and smiled her bum off ;).


Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce
Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce


If you'd like to try the recipe, again, it's on smittenkitchen.com. It's super easy, but a little messy (I had to pull out the animated dog covered apron my dad and sally so graciously gifted me for Easter).

You know what else I think? I think this post was boring... I need to find something interesting to write about!!! For your sake and mine!!! I think I need some suggestions, I mentioned this in the last post but have yet to get any. I know a couple of you people out there read this, you admitted to it! If you find something that looks like a delicious challenge let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment